Wednesday, May 11, 2011

If I Said I Was Done

So lately, I have been thinking about Lady Gaga. She wrote a song to her father once, I don't know if you've heard it. But anyway, she wrote this song because her dad was really really sick, like you are. And needed a surgery. He didn't want the surgery but he needed it to live a healthy life. Like she wanted him to. Like I would want you to.
There is a slight difference between Lady Gaga and me. Well, a lot of differences but, one in particular, she couldn't believe the words her father told her. She couldn't grasp that he would openly say that he didn't want the operation done, it hurt her and she couldn't believe it. I can. I can believe every single word you've ever said to me. Every word you've said to my brother, to my father, to your own mother. I can believe them because I knew, very deep inside of me I knew that there was this need to explode and that it was only a matter of time until you did.
Well, Lady Gaga sang that song to her dad, and the end she said that she would never sing a song again. She would give it all up if he died, if he didn't have that surgery.
What if I said I never sang a song again?
If I said I wouldn't love again?
That I would rather not set foot on a stage again, my biggest love in the world, than see you drink another drink?
I'm sure I would be left with that promise standing. I'm sure you wouldn't prove me wrong. I am perfectly sure that you are selfish enough to see your child sacrifice the one thing that he holds near his heart.
So me and Lady Gaga don't have a lot in common.
And I wish I could write something along the lines of her song, but I love the stage too much and you love your vodka equal amounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment