Monday, May 16, 2011

Three for Three, Or One. Or Whatever.

In the early days of May I often, after a day of actively participating in class, decided to treat myself to a beer, or a Rum and Coke, I feel like Rum and Coke is the perfect drink to order at a gay bar, its technically a cocktail, I decided. But it is also a sort of manly drink I feel.

So as I was drinking my Rum and Coke manly drank, and reading my copy of "Summer in The City"I felt someone right behind me. It wasn't really like I wasn't in the mood for flirting but, having someone breathing down my neck wasn't exactly my cup of rum. So I say, "Can I help you?"
Without changing positions, the person behind, who I learned was a man, said, "The problem with Kindles is you can't tell what book a persons reading, and you can always tell a lot about the person based on the book they read."
"So your logical reasoning is to stand behind them?"
"Yes."

His name was Steve Mariano. Born and raised in New Jersey and was now a playwright and screen writer who lived in Brooklyn, a very original idea, I know. But I being a sucker for artist like myself, felt completely endeared.
And I make talk a big game about how I love sex and I'll hook up with mostly anyone (always be safe kids) but, when there are things I haven't tried, there are things I haven't tried.
Steve and I talked for almost two hours, drink after drink after drink, he even bought me two of them. Before I knew it it was almost 10 o'clock and I tend to be quite the prude on weeknights. So as I told him that it was time for me to leave, we exchanged number. Before I went in for the hug goodnight he stopped me.
"Sean I think I should tell you that I have a boyfriend."
Thankfully, years of improvisation had led me to quickly brush it off. I said it was fine! So we said goodbye and I thought: he isn't going to text me and I am not going to text that fucker. I figured he just wanted new friends, or just a flirt to see if he still got it or whatever men in relationships think when they've been in one for really long. But the next morning, I got a text

Mariano:
Hey :]

I was so confused. I didn't know what he was doing. Was he looking to cheat on his boyfriend, and if so did he think I was that type of person, did talking last night make him think like that? Was he in an "open relationship"? Because that actually seems disgusting. Was Mariano trying to hide his texts? Would he be deleting them after sending them? We kept texting through out the entire day and then after officially being friends for 24 hours I asked him, "What the fuck is this about?"
He seemed so casual about it, "Me and my boyfriends love doing freeways."


1 comment:

  1. The real question here is, what did you reply? I'm looking forward to reading THAT blog post!!

    ReplyDelete